Creating a boss babe Sunday routine is essential for any solopreneur. I can’t begin to imagine how disoriented my week would be if I didn’t lay the tasks down on Sunday.
A Sunday routine means being proactive about creating a week you truly desire.
Look, it only takes the extra to make a man extra ordinary. Right?
Here is a list of the extras that you can do to help accelerate your week in the right direction.
#1: Set new goals for the week & Assess Last week’s goals
Sunday is a good day to go through what worked and what didn’t work. This helps tremendously in prioritizing the tasks that need to be focused on.
If you found it difficult to achieve goals, ask yourself why.
It could because:
- You are a bad manager of time
- You’re lazy
- Lack of proper prioritization
- You set very big goals
If for instance it’s because you are bad at managing time, make that a focus this week.
If the goals were too big, make them smaller and manageable.
Some people believe that when you set huge goals, you will achieve more in the long run. But, what that does is get you in the bad habit of never meeting your goals.
Smashing your goals is a better motivator and a good indicator that you are moving towards success.
#2: Do one business thing that will accelerate your week
You may not want to focus on work on Sunday but I suggest you do. Especially if you are a solopreneur.
Do one business thing that is fun. Such may include:
- Creating your weekly social media posts.
- Repurposing content
- Crafting a proposal template if you don’t have one yet.
- You could also take 30mins to read the emails you might have missed and clear the ones that make no sense. (This one is kind of annoying.)
#3: Self-Care Sunday
Self-care is necessary if you plan on being a sane boss girl.
Take time to unwind and love on yourself. It doesn’t have to be too complicated.
- If you love to read, read something that empowers you.
- If you are a foodie like me, go out and have a good meal by yourself.
Other activities for self-care Sunday
- Watch a nice movie
- Finishing up on a series (I love The Bold Type)
- Scrubbing your face and feet
- Listen to a great podcast
- Go out for a mentally relaxing activity
#4: Clear the much-needed chores
Sunday is my laundry and cleaning day.
If I don’t clean, my week will be disoriented and things will not go as planned.
So, clear up those things that are annoying but necessary. I find that doing those activities early in the morning speeds my day up.
#5: Sleep if you need to
As boss girls, we wake up early every day. If you are exhausted from all the early rising, take time and catch up on the much-needed sleep.
I prefer to take a nap in the middle of the day. But on most days, coffee helps.
#6: Set one new habit for the month that you’ll do weekly
As a former lazy and procrastinating lady, setting small habits is something I love to do these days.
Such habits can include:
- Taking 8 glasses of water daily
- Accomplishing at least 3 things daily
- Working out for at least 20mins
- Taking a break from the computer and walking outside for 5 mins]
These habits are small but can make a huge difference in your life.
For some time, I noticed that I was straining my eyes a lot on the computer. But I didn’t know how to change that because I work online.
It wasn’t until I got the pomodoro app that I started to notice a change. The pomodoro technique lets you work for x minutes and rest for x minutes. I work for 50mins and break for 10mins.
In that 10mins, I usually go grab a snack, take a walk or drink some water.
#7: Create a routine that actually works
I know we’ve heard of the importance of having a morning routine. But don’t by any means feel like you have to copy what another person does.
Be your own person. Assess where you are in life and look at what needs to change.
To create this, you need to know what your values are. I for instance value God, Health, Money/Career.
Here is how I create a routine based on those values:
- God- I wake up every morning and do a morning devotion 10-30mins
- Health- I workout 5 times a week for at least 30mins
- Career- I take design classes 2hours daily
- Money– Do my work exceptionally well and give it my very best shot
-Look for new clients
Do what works for you at all times.
#8: Go through your MAIN Goals
One thing that keeps me motivated to smash those goals throughout the week, is my main goals. Your main goals are those you need to accomplish in 6months, 1 year or even 5 years.
I usually break those big goals into chunks and assign time to them daily.
What I know:
- I know that if I work out daily and eat healthy for 6months, I will get abs. (FYI, I’ve done this before)
- I know that if I take a design class every day and practice, I will be able to launch my own line of digital products in 1year.
- I know that if I communicate with God daily, He will direct my path.
- I know that if I do my best work for my clients, I will get more referrals and great reviews. Which will eventually boost my business and my money.
These main goals really motivate me to achieve the weekly goals even when I don’t want to. It also keeps my emotions in check because most times, I don’t FEEL like doing anything. If I had it my way, it would be Netflix prime and sleeping all day long.
- Set new goals for the week & Assess Last week’s goals
- Do one business thing that will accelerate your week
- Self-Care Sunday
- Clear the much-needed chores
- Sleep if you need to
- Set one new habit for the month that you’ll do weekly
- Create a routine that actually works
- Go through your MAIN Goals
What's Your Reaction?
Hey Babe, my name is Luwany; an introverted Soloprenuer. I run my own Marketing, Branding & Graphic design biz. I know those sound like a lot but I promise they are all related. I help other solopreneurs create habits and routines that help them achieve their goals. Visit me here when you need quick tips & positive vibes.